Tuesday, January 27, 2009

One Piece

Just got greated right from the plane and had no problem getting my VISA. Adierto took me over to the paper where I met some of the staff that were getting ready to bring the paper to print today. Nice office with air conditioning, which is definitely needed...

There is no shortage of things that I can work on - mail lists, data organization, site design/layout , staff training. I think one of the harder parts will be getting to know + working with the staff and not having them hate me. It must be annoying to have someone given to you from your boss and worse to be expected to listen to them.


Having a hard time uploading some pics and video but I'll figure it out soon.
It is really beautiful here and smells the exact opposite of New Jersey.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are now able to exhale.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it safe and had no problems getting in. And if people "hating" you is the thing you're most concerned about? I think you're in pretty good shape considering you're pretty impossible not to like (ok, maybe I'm biased, but remember what my dad said when he met you?). I don't think they could dislike you if they tried. So excited for your adventure to begin!

    xo
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, sleeping's going to be more likely tonight, knowing you're there in one, functional piece. Sounds like your stuff made it, too? Hey, Chick, you've had tougher audiences to deal with than the newsroom and staff at Verdade: e.g., Packer Xcountry, DoSomething, your Biz Ethics classmates at Wharton...
    Get some rest, and we LOVE the blog. Brilliant!

    XO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you're safe. If the people there don't like you, they can just speak to me ;). I'll set 'em straight.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...no invention has had more impact than the container" - it's a frigging box

    (google translator = awesome)

    glad to hear you made it, send me an overview of their office when you get the chance

    ReplyDelete