Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 1


I am now working on building a delivery management system in MS Access and I have to admit I am a little rusty. I think I need help from Warren who will be getting an email soon.
Also working on:
1. Ads on the site and google adsense integration (Nancy is helping)
2. Site layout design changes
3. Email intake and sending
4. Calendar
5. SMS system to push messages (but needs funding)
6. Making every staff member more efficient
7. Business plan to organize the investment opportunity in Verdade (Dusty is helping me!)
8. Transparent Government Spending Micro-site, google with Url. (Ben if he is interested...)

Also on my to do list is figure out how to call the US. I've got a cell phone number: 84-389-1298 but all of the options are in Portuguesh and the thing T9's when I text.

8 comments:

  1. [hate]labels[/hate]

    damn blogspot actually thought that was a real html tag.

    (re)learning access must be fun, sounds like you're rockin over there. that's great that people are such fans of the paper!

    always interested, send me details.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. George dear,

    You are doing such a lots of cool stuff there. Are you a curiosity? I note that the backdrop in the first pix here has a nice little liquor display. For medicinal purposes, of course.
    XO

    mom

    PS -- Ben surely can tackle some of this stuff.... maybe time for this mom to call him :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are alive and well--and smiling in the video. and very good to know that when ben takes over for you at do something, you have a future as a paper boy.

    n

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! They are really keeping you busy. All that in one month?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ola!
    working as hard as I can on this. I haven't even started on what I wanted to work on yet.

    Have found that there are a lot of things that you can't do from a Mozambique IP...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the videos and pictures! Well, it definitely looks like you've done a lot in only 5 days. Good luck with your loooong "to do" list! If anyone can get that done in only one month it would be you. New York says to say hello and that it misses you so come back soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, Jorge. Ditto on what Minnesota twins said ;). I miss you and love you lots.

    Zee

    P.S. You better be running in Mozambique. Tell me what it's like to run without paved roads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you need more portugese in your vocabulary buddy. Try this:
    não esteja louco em mim, não sou inteligente

    Just trying to help brother!
    Rusty

    ReplyDelete